FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "So how does this work?"
A: Subscribe to our email list. You'll be given the option to control the frequency of how often you hear from us with listings:
- As they happen
- Daily - One email per day
- Weekly - One email per week
We publish 10-30 names in a single text email message that is mobile-device-friendly.
The email arrives, you take 30 seconds to scan the list.
If you see a name you like, hit REPLY and send us the word "SOLD" and the name of the domain in the Subject Line. That's your commitment to buy. After that we'll contact you with further instructions.
Q: "How long does it normally take to transfer the ownership of a domain name?"
A: "It depends on a few different factors, the most important one being whether you already have an account created at the domain name's Registrar of Record. Most of our domain names are at GoDaddy.com. A transfer from one GoDaddy.com pushed to another GoDaddy.com account can be nearly instantaneous, while a domain transfer from GoDaddy.com to 1and1 can take up to seven days once all parties agree." If you plan on working with us for a while or reselling our names as a side income stream, we suggest opening free accounts at a minimum of GoDaddy.com. Doing so will allow us to push ownership of your purchased name to you within one business day and many times, the same business day. This in no way means that we won't transfer to other registrars. We will. But it may take considerably more time. We just want to be transparent with you about the fastest way to do business.
Q: "What's the absolute fastest way to transfer ownership of a domain name?"
A: Look at the Registrar of Record listing where the domain is currently housed. Buy the domain first so nobody else gets it, then go open up an account at the same Registrar of Record. Example: Most of our domains are housed at GoDaddy. It costs nothing for you to open up a GoDaddy account and all we need to push the domain name to your ownership after receipt of funds is your GoDaddy account number and the email address associated with that account. It is literally instant or within one business day compared to 7 to 10 days.
Q: "Why are your prices so inexpensive compared to other sites that broker or sell aftermarket domain names?"
A: Here's why, in full transparency:
- Our goal is not to create the world's largest database of any domains that can be sold by other people
- Our goal is not to cross-sell and up-sell you on web hosting, email accounts, anonymous listings and other products
- Most people who are not in the industry have no idea what to price their domain at, so they end up with a list price that is based on some completely flawed logic, like "How much they still owe to pay off their boat" or "How much it will cost to take the family to Maui". We don't own a boat, so we use different pricing logic that is more realistic.
- Our goal is to help startups and entrepreneurs, angels, super-angels and VC firms, period. End of story.
- Our overhead is very low